Arizona Diamondbacks at New York Mets odds, picks and prediction
The Arizona Diamondbacks (15-17) face the New York Mets (14-13) Saturday in Game 2 of their three-game set at Citi Field. First pitch is scheduled for 7:10 p.m. ET. Let's analyze BetMGM Sportsbook's lines around the Diamondbacks vs. Mets odds with MLB picks and predictions.
New York rallied back from a 4-run deficit to beat Arizona 5-4 in extra innings last night. Mets SS Francisco Lindor went 2-for-4 with a home run and 2 RBIs.
Season series: Mets 1-0.
RHP Merrill Kelly is the projected starter for the Diamondbacks. Kelly is 2-2 with a 5.79 ERA (32 2/3 IP, 21 ER), 1.47 WHIP, 2.5 BB/9 and 6.6 K/9 across 6 starts.
- Last outing: Win, 8-4, in 5 2/3 IP with 2 ER, 7 H, 2 BB and 6 K Sunday vs. the Colorado Rockies.
- Career vs. the Mets: 1-1 with a 2.63 ERA (13 2/3 IP, 4 ER), 1.10 WHIP and 9.9 K/9 over 2 starts.
- Vs. Mets on the current roster: 38 at-bats with a .105/.150/.342 slash line, 10/2 K/BB rate, 3 HR and 3 RBIs.
The Mets are going with a bullpen game, and veteran RHP Tommy Hunter will open. The 34-year-old has pitched two scoreless frames this season. He allowed two hits and didn't record a strikeout or a walk.
MLB betting offers/promotions
BetMGM Sportsbook offers available in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV. New customer offers, terms and conditions apply.
- Bet just $1 on either team's money line, WIN $100 (in free bets) if either team hits a home run during the game. Bet now!
- RISK-FREE FIRST BET. Place your first bet, if it loses you'll get up to $600 in free bets.Bet now!
Diamondbacks at Mets odds, lines, picks and prediction
- Money line: Diamondbacks +120 (bet $100 to win $120) | Mets -145 (bet $145 to win $100)
- Against the spread: Diamondbacks -1.5 (-165) | Mets +1.5 (+140)
- Over/Under: 8 (O: -115 | U: -105)
Diamondbacks 4, Mets 3
Money line (ML)
"LEAN" to the DIAMONDBACKS (+120) because the Mets (-145) in a bullpen game doesn't bode well early on.
The Diamondbacks are missing two of their best hitters in OF Kole Calhoun and 2B Ketel Marte, but I'd argue this gives us some value.
Arizona's lineup is top-3 in wOBA, wRC+, BB/K rate and hard-hit rate vs. left-handed pitching with Calhoun and Marte having fewer plate appearances against lefties than their backups who are raking lefties this year.
PASS here. There is plenty of value with the D-Backs at plus money.
PASS since New York's bullpen is legit, and Hunter only figures to throw a maximum of two innings.
New York's relievers are top-3 in SIERA, xFIP, home runs per nine innings and fourth in K-BB%.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick'em contests.Play now!
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.