SENIOR SHOWCASE Annual October Fest celebration approaching
On the Horizon:
- The September/October newsletter has been distributed. If you want one and do not receive one in the mail, call the Senior Center at 272-3620 and we will add you to the mailing list and get one out to you.
- BINGO will be at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 7. Cost is $1 per card.
- Senior Citizens Association will have their annual October Fest Saturday, Oct. 16 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- This month Commodities will be distributed on Wednesday, Oct. 27 at 10 a.m. You must call the Oct. 25 or 26 to get your name on the list.
- Wear your Halloween Costume to play Let’s Make a Deal on Friday, Oct. 29 at 12:45pm.
FINNEY COUNTY SENIOR CENTER WEEKLY ACTIVITIES
Wednesday, Oct. 6: Completely Unraveled, 9:30 a.m.; Poker Hand, 11:50 a.m.; Pinochle, 12:30 p.m.; Rook, 1 p.m.; Dance – DJ Larry ($5 donation per person), 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 7: TOPS, 8:30 a.m.; BINGO, 10:30 a.m.; SkipBo, 1 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 8: Nurse (mask required), 10:30 a.m.; Bridge, 1 p.m.; Rook, 1 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 11: Double Pinochle, 12:30 p.m.; Rook. 1 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 12: Beginners Strength Training, 9 a.m.; Older Kansans Employment Program, 10 a.m.; Pitch, 12:30 p.m.; Oh Drummit exercise, 5:15 p.m.; Duplicate Bridge, 7 p.m.
FINNEY COUNTY SENIOR CENTER LUNCH MENU
FRIENDSHIP MEALS and MEALS ON WHEELS
Wednesday, Oct. 6: Roasted turkey breast, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, ice cream.
Thursday, Oct. 7: Sloppy Joe on bun, scalloped potatoes, sliced carrots, fresh orange.
Friday, Oct. 8: Baked chicken legs, potato salad, cauliflower with cheese, fruit.
Monday, Oct. 11: Pork fritter on bun, seasoned tater tots, green beans, fruit.
Tuesday, Oct. 12: Chicken fajita with grilled peppers and onions, tortilla, salsa, sour cream, Spanish rice, refried beans, fruit.
Hilary Whiteley is the interim executive director at the Senior Center of Finney County.