The Garden City Community College Broncbusters dropped from No. 2 to No. 3 in the latest NJCAA football poll released Tuesday, despite the 57-17 rout of Fort Scott on Saturday.

Tuesday’s poll is the first of the season that also includes the NJCAA Computer Rankings as 25 percent of the poll, with the other 75 percent comprised of the 17-member committee’s votes.

The Busters (5-0) were jumped by previous No. 3, Northwest Mississippi (5-0), who sits in second with 340.00 poll points compared to the Busters’ 336.61. East Mississippi (5-0) remained at No. 1 with 355.52 points and all 17 first-place votes.

Iowa Western (4-1, 284.80) and Hutchinson (5-1, 254.73) round out the top five. Highland (4-1) is 13th, moving back into the poll after a three-week absence. Butler (3-2) is No. 19.

While the ranking is a step back for the Busters, they are still in a good position as Northwest Mississippi and East Mississippi are set to play Thursday. The loser likely falls behind the Busters in next week’s rankings, if the Busters are able to handle Iowa Central at 1 p.m. Saturday at Broncbuster Stadium.

———

NJCAA Rankings

Tuesday

Team;Rec.;Pts;Prv

1. East Mississippi(17);5-0;355.52;1

2. NW Mississippi;5-0;340.00;3

3. Garden City;5-0;336.61;2

4. Iowa Western;4-1;284.80;5

5. Hutchinson;5-1;254.73;7

6. Lackawanna;5-0;247.19;5

7. Jones;4-1;217.14;9

8. NEO A&M;4-1;210.39;10

9. Snow;4-1;209.00;8

10. Scottsdale;4-1;167.19;4

11. Blinn;4-1;163.65;11

12. Eastern Arizona;4-1;155.65;13

13. Highland;4-1;114.77;RV

14. Monroe;3-0;111.20;16

15. Arizona Western;3-2;65.00;19

16. North Dakota SCS;5-0;56.92;RV

17. Kilgore;4-2;55.00;RV

18. Holmes;3-2;53.69;14

19. Butler;3-2;46.92;12

20. Pima;3-1;44.25;NR

Others receiving votes: East Central 3-2, Tyler 4-2, Copiah-Lincoln 3-2, Mississippi Gulf Coast 3-2, Mesabi Range 4-1, Hinds 3-2, Erie 3-1, Itasca 4-1.