Is it just me? Am I the only one who believes the Democratic leadership and its members have gone insane? Maybe you can help me with this. Consider the following:
1) The Democrats do not want a wall. Neither do the Republicans but for different reasons. The Democrats need illegals for their voting base; the Republicans for cheap labor. We, the Americans, born here, or naturalized, have no say in the matter. Our only purpose is to believe each party's promise to build a wall, vote for them and then be forgotten.
2) The Democrats hate America as it was founded. They want to remake it in the image of old Europe. They believe that socialism is the fairest way by which a people can exist. (exist being the key word here).
3) The Democrats hate guns, gun makers, ammo makers and other items associated with guns should be controlled by the government. They believe that guns in the hands of individuals and police officers is responsible for all the killings in America.
4) Sanctuary cities are controlled by the Democrats. Sanctuary states are controlled by the Democrats (both violate federal law). The cities with the highest crime rates are controlled by the Democrats. The cities and states with the highest taxes are controlled by the Democrats.
5) The Democratic presidential hopefuls are spelling out their plans for the new America. They believe it is the right of all people to have free medical care and free education, K-college.
They believe the minimum wage for everyone, regardless of the job, should be $15 an hour; that the rich should be taxed at 70 percent; that individuals and businesses with assets of $3 to $5 billion should pay a wealth tax; that individuals who do not make $2,500 a month should be subsidized.
They believe that private insurers should be done away with. They also believe, and in New York State, it is now law, that abortions can be performed by anyone up to and after birth.
What about Republicans, you might ask? The GOP has some stupid ideas and policies, but none of them undermine the founding documents: The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.
If you doubt any of these points, fact check them. Read the Democrat candidates' comments in their media guides, The Washington Post, The New York Times and other social media platforms.
"These are the times that try men's hearts." I hope we can survive.
John Fedele Jr., Salina