The Garden City Police Department, Garden City Fire Department and Finney County EMS responded Thursday afternoon to fire at a residence in the 100 block of East Chestnut Street that caused an estimated $25,000 in damage.

First responders arrived at the home at about 3:15 p.m., according to a press release from the GCPD, and were told the house was on fire and a gas line had possibly exploded.

The ensuing investigation revealed that occupants of the home, Donald Calhoun, 65, and Richard Davis, 43, were stripping floors with acetone when it is believed that flames from the residence's furnace ignited the chemical's fumes and caused the fire.

There were no other occupants in the home at the time, and no one was injured or transported to the hospital, though EMS evaluated one subject on the scene.