Eating an assortment of colorful fruits and veggies provides your body with a wide range of vitamins, minerals and nutrients — a rainbow of health. To get the most from these health benefits, it’s recommended you eat one serving from each color group every day.
Here’s what the different colors of fruits and veggies mean to you:
• Reds: Reduces risk of cancer, lowers blood pressure and LDL cholesterol levels, helps maintain memory function, urinary tract health, fights off infections and supports joint tissue.
• Oranges: Improves brain function, decreases muscle cramps, lowers risk of cancer and heart disease, increases efficiency of the immune system.
• Blues/purples: Promotes healthy aging, improves immune and digestive systems, improves memory function, lowers inflammation, LDL cholesterol, tumor growth, and the risk of cancer and stroke.
• Yellows: Decreases risk of macular degeneration, protects eyes from damage, increases energy levels and the immune system.
• Greens: Lowers risk of cancer, blood pressure, LDL cholesterol and free radical damage, improves vision and the immune system.
• Whites and tans: Lowers cholesterol and blood pressure and the risk of stomach cancer and heart disease.
Thursday: TOPS, 8:30 a.m.; art class, 10 a.m.; Ambassador Singers and Skip-Bo, 1 p.m.; strength training, 4 p.m.; yoga, 6 p.m.
Friday: Line dancing, 8:30 a.m.; Craft Shop check-in/out, 10 a.m.; a nurse from St. Catherine Hospital is here from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.; bridge, 12:45 p.m.; EnhanceFitness, 2 p.m.
Saturday: The pool room is open from 1 to 4 p.m.
Sunday: Duplicate bridge, 2 p.m.
Monday: Double pinochle, 12:30 p.m.; EnhanceFitness, 2 p.m.; strength training, 4 p.m.; Zumba, 6 p.m.; duplicate bridge, 7 p.m.
Tuesday: Walking, 9 a.m. at Walmart; pitch, 12:30 p.m.; bridge, 1:15 p.m.; yoga, 6 p.m.
July 4: Closed.
Thursday: Chicken Kiev, baked potato with sour cream, cauliflower with cheese sauce, pudding.
Friday: Potato-crusted cod, cheddar mashed potatoes, peas and carrots, fruit.
Monday: Swedish meatballs over rice, corn, chocolate cake.
Tuesday: Tater tot casserole, green beans, corn muffin, fruit.
July 4: Closed.
Find us on social media: fb.me/SeniorCenterFC, www.instagram.com/seniorcenterfc or www.seniorcenter.com.