Making resolutions for 2015? Consider a resolution to exercise. We have a variety of exercise options located here at the senior center. All are provided at no cost. All classes can be joined at any time. Consider one of the following:
• Strength Training for Seniors. Mondays and Thursdays at 4 p.m. Build strength and improve balance to reduce falls. Use hand and ankle weights. You choose how much weight to use to challenge yourself. Bring a towel. Weights are provided.
• Gentle Exercises meet Tuesdays and Fridays at 11 a.m. Easy movements, seated or standing. Stay fit without breaking a sweat!
• Line Dance meets Wednesdays and Fridays at 8:30 a.m. If you enjoy music and exercise, learn dance steps to a country beat.
• Yoga meets Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. Slow, stretching movements for everyone. The goal of yoga is to overcome the limitations of the body. Regular practice can lead us to be physically fit, mentally calm and feel a sense of emotional well-being. Bring a floor mat.
• Walking Club meets Tuesdays at 9 a.m. at Walmart. Spring, summer and fall — the locations change to enjoy the outdoors.
Thursday, the senior center and Finney County Transit are closed.
Friday has line dancing at 8:30 a.m. A nurse from St. Catherine Hospital is available from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Gentle exercises begin at 11 a.m. Bridge is at 12:45 p.m. The covered dish dinner begins at 6 p.m.
Sunday, the pool room is open from 1 to 4 p.m.
On Monday, hours of operation at the senior center change to 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Double pinochle starts at 12:40 p.m. “Strength Training for Seniors” begins at 4 p.m. Duplicate bridge starts at 7 p.m.
Tuesday, the day begins with walking at 9 a.m. Pitch starts at 12:30 p.m. Bridge begins at 1:15 p.m. Yoga is at 6:30 p.m.
On Jan. 7, 2015, line dancing begins at 8:30 a.m. TOPS meets at 10 a.m. Pinochle starts at 12:30 p.m. The dance, featuring Craig Stevens, begins at 7:30 p.m.
Lunch is served at noon.
Friday: To be announced.
Monday: Baked cod, au gratin potatoes, gingered carrots, bread, ambrosia.
Tuesday: Chicken pot pie, broccoli, biscuit, peaches.
Jan. 7, 2015: Beef and beans, California blended vegetables, bread, apple crisp.
Visit our website at www.seniorcenterfc.com.