Discover SW Kansas Class of 2013 Beef Empire Days   BED – Event Coverage 2013 Bridal Show Honor Flight Progress Report 2012 SW Kansas Pro-Am Youth In Excellence View Special Section PDFs
All Classifieds Jobs Real Estate Garage Sales
Southwest Life and Events United Way Fundraising Weather
Local and National Top 10 of 2011 Preps Live SWKPrepZone.com E-Edition
Local and National Top 10 of 2011 Business News E-Edition
Recent Videos Recent Photos Recent Podcasts Podcasts-Talk of the Town

  Add Your Comment | Read (0) Comments

2011 Southwest Kansas Pro-Am at-a-glance

Published 8/1/2011 in Pro-Am

What: 32nd Annual Southwest Kansas Pro-Am/Adams Golf Pro Tour Series
When: Aug. 1 — Aug. 7, 2011
Where: Buffalo Dunes Golf Course and The Golf Club at Southwind, Garden City. Both courses are located south of Garden City on Highway US83.
Field: Amateurs — 240 players compete as teams of four playing with one professional each of the final two days of the tournament. A scramble format is used where either the pro’s score or the team scramble score can count toward the team’s total. Players are assigned to teams based on their golf handicap.
Pros — Approximately 120 professionals will compete for $100,000 in prize money in the tournament. After the Wednesday-Thursday rounds for professionals, the field is reduced to the low 45 scores and ties to play with the amateur teams on Friday and Saturday.
Format: (Pros) 72 holes individual stroke play. In case of a tie, a sudden death playoff beginning on the 9th hole at The Golf Club at Southwind will commence immediately following the end of regulation play.
Who Benefits: Proceeds from the Pro-Am are donated to the St. Catherine Hospital Newborn Intensive Care Unit to help in purchasing critical care equipment. In 31 years, an estimated $900,000 has been raised for the NBICU. The St. Catherine Hospital Development Foundation has formed the Stephen C. Meyers, M.D., Endowed Fund to assist the hospital with the opportunities to provide advancements in education to nurses and respiratory therapists working in the Maternal and Child Services Department. In 2010, 25% of the charitable proceeds from the Pro-Am went to Dr. Meyers’ Endowed Fund and the remaining 75% went directly to the NBICU for new equipment purchases.

Daily Schedule
Monday, Aug. 1 — 1 p.m., Ulysses Shootout, Sponsored by Pioneer Electric, Bentwood Golf Course, Ulysses. 18 Professionals and 18 teams of 3 amateurs per team.

Tuesday, Aug. 2 — 9 a.m., Ladies Pro-Am, The Golf Club at Southwind (18 professionals paired with teams of 3 women amateurs).

Wednesday, Aug. 3 — 7 a.m., 32nd Southwest Kansas Pro-Am, First round, The Golf Club at Southwind (Professionals only).

Thursday, Aug. 4 — 7 a.m., a.m., Second round, Buffalo Dunes Golf Course (Professional field cut to the low 45 scores and ties); 6 p.m., Pro-Am Junior Clinic, Buffalo Dunes Golf Course.

Friday, Aug. 5 — 7:30 a.m., Third round professionals, The Golf Club at Southwind and Buffalo Dunes Golf Course; Amateur teams of 4 players paired with professionals, tee times will be at the No. 1 and No. 10 tees on both courses; 11:30 a.m., Ladies Luncheon and Style Show at the Clarion Inn; 7:30 p.m., Long Drive Contest, The Golf Club at Southwind, No. 10 Tee; 9 p.m., One Night Stand, Kansas City’s premier classic rock band.

Saturday, Aug. 6 — 7:30 a.m., Final round professionals, Buffalo Dunes Golf Course and The Golf Club at Southwind; Amateur teams of 4 players paired with professionals; Awards presentation at The Golf Club at Southwind immediately upon completion of play; 9 p.m., One Night Stand, Kansas City’s premier classic rock band.

Sunday, Aug. 7 — 9 a.m., Wallace Electric, LLC Pro-Am Shootout, Buffalo Dunes Golf Course. 18 professionals and amateur teams of 3 players paired with professionals.
Add your Comment About This Story

Commenting Rules

The Garden City Telegram reserves the right to delete any comment it deems inappropriate. We encourage visitor comments and ask that you be brief and add something relevant to the conversation. All comments are reviewed (usually within 24 hours or less) before appearing on this website.

Read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for full details of our policies.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

 

captcha 2fc2bb3fda354551888e5114ce3c9b3b

Found 0 comment(s)!