Add Your Comment
| Read (0) Comments
Beech: Living well in 2010
Published 12/23/2009 in Podcasts
Listen to the Audio
Linda Beech discusses tips for sticking to your New Year's resolutions of eating well and exercising.
Linda Beech, K-State Finney County extension agent for family and consumer sciences, gives tips to help you stick to your diet and exercise resolutions for the coming new year.
"I think the only way to make a resolution or a pledge to yourself for a healthy lifestyle that you'll be able to keep up with," Beech said, "is to make sure you're designing things that you can live with for a lifetime."
Linda recommends that you:
- Add fruits and vegetables to your diet.
- Drink a glass of milk a day.
- Eat one meal with fish per week.
- Add breakfast to your diet. Eating breakfast jump starts your metabolism for the day and also gives your brain and body the energy that it needs to make it through until lunch.
- Avoid liquid calories such as sodas which pile on calories but don't leave you feeling full.
- Understand that exercise doesn't have to mean spending hours in the gym. Instead, work exercise into various aspects of your daily routine.