Published 12/13/2012 in Local NewsBy The Telegram
Students at Sublette's high school and middle school, as well as some residents of the surrounding area, were evacuated Wednesday after a gas leak was reported in the area.
At about 10:54 a.m., the Haskell County Sheriff's Office was advised of a gas main leak in the alley between Manor Court and Deal Drive in Sublette. Haskell County Undersheriff Derek Ploutz said contractors putting in power lines in the area hit an unmarked gas line, causing the leak.
Residents living in a three-block radius of the leak, as well as students from the two schools were evacuated until the leak could be contained.
The area was closed off until about 1:49 p.m., at which point residents were allowed to return to their homes and students were given the option of either going home or going back to school.
A few residents were temporarily without gas services at their homes until the broken line could be fixed, but all service was restored by about 5 p.m.
Found 0 comment(s)!