1. SUMMER CONCERT SERIES at Dillon Nature Center, 3002 E 30th Ave, Hutchinson at 7 p.m. Friday. Bring your family (and a blanket or chair) and enjoy a free concert at the Mary Clark Community Courtyard on the grounds of Dillon Nature Center this summer! This week features the Hutchinson Municipal Band.
2. RENO COUNTY FARMERS MARKET at Farmers Market Pavilion, 2nd and Washington, Hutchinson, 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Saturday. Join us at the Reno County Farmers Market, 2nd and Washington pavilion. Fruits and vegetables, bakery and meats, arts and crafts, natural products and pet treats, honey and jellies, hummus and kombucha, free coffee and local musicians.
3. "THE MUPPETS TAKE MANHATTAN" at Hutchinson's Historic Fox Theatre, 18 E 1st Ave, Hutchinson, at 2 p.m. on Friday. Fox KIDS Summer Movies Series presents the movie,"The Muppets Take Manhattan" rated G.
4. SHOP THE NIGHT AWAY at Downtown McPherson, 100 S. Main Street, McPherson, 5 to 10 p.m. Friday. Annual sidewalk sale in Downtown McPherson featuring retail stores and restaurants.
5. JULY MAKERS STREET on Main Street, Lindsborg from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday. This month's event is all about pie. Numerous businesses on Lindsborg's Main Street will host artists and offer food and drink, as well as art-making activities.
6. "POPE FRANCIS: A MAN OF HIS WORD" at Hutchinson's Historic Fox Theatre, 18 E 1st Ave, Hutchinson, 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. on Sunday. The Hutchinson Fox Theatre Summer Film Series presents the movie, "Pope Francis: A MAN OF HIS WORD" rated PG.
7. CHAMBER MUSIC AT THE BARN AT THE SANDZEN GALLERY at Birger Sandzén Memorial Gallery, 401 N. First St, Lindsborg, 2 p.m. on Saturday. Free. The Birger Sandzén Memorial Gallery will host a chamber music concert featuring Chamber Music at the Barn. There is no charge for the concert. However, donations are appreciated. For further information, please call the gallery at 785-227-2220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. RED, WHITE and BRUISED DOUBLE-HEADER at Skateland Family Fun Center, 3101 N. Lorraine St., Hutchinson at 5 p.m. Saturday. Hosted by Central Kansas Roller Derby. The juniors bout, Yellow Brick Rollers vs. The Hipchicks will start at 5:30, followed by Central Kansas Roller Derby vs. Capital City Crushers. Advance tickets are $7.50 for adult, $5 for children 7-17 and free for 6 and under. To purchase advance tickets, contact a CKRD member or contact us on Facebook, CKRollerGirls or call 1-844-KS-DERBY. Adult tickets will be $10 at the door. You may bring a personal six-pack cooler filled with an adult beverage of choice. These adult beverages can only be consumed during the adult bout. No other outside food or drink will be permitted.
9. JULY BREAKFAST CLUB at Little Rabbit Apothecary, 11 S. Main St., Hutchinson from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Saturday. Each month we will look at a different part of yoga, the science surrounding it, and how we can incorporate yoga into our daily lives. For July, we will enjoy a one-hour Tapas yoga class, followed by mimosas and brunch. Must be 21 to attend. Tickets are $10 if you are a member of the studio or $15 if you do not have a 30-day unlimited membership. Tickets at www.littlerabbitapothecary.com
10. PASSPORTS TO SOUTH AMERICA at the Hutchinson Zoo, 6 Emerson Loop East, Carey Park, Hutchinson at 10:30 a.m. Saturday in the Discovery Center. Join us while we travel through South America, passports provided! Every second Saturday of the month, we will be hosting an educational program for children ages 5-12. Each program will teach children about a new South American animal and the country that they live in. Programs will have crafts and fun interactive displays.