Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 7:23 a.m. Friday, 1700 block of Sand Creek Road, Michelle Dodds, 37, Virginia, on suspicion of criminal trespassing and criminal damage to property, after reportedly damaging a vehicle owned by a 22-year-old Pomona woman. Estimated damage was $600.
• 9:30 a.m. Friday, 500 block of Monroe Street, Pomona, Timothy Sullivan, 50, Pomona, on suspicion of possession of benzodiazepines, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, illegal vehicle registration, and no liability insurance, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 1:09 p.m. Friday, Franklin Çounty Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Kassandra Croan, 28, Rantoul, on a Franklin County District Court warrant for failure to appear.
• 6:28 p.m. Friday, 2700 block of U.S. 59, Brandon Rothwell, 26, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving while revoked, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 8:43 p.m. Friday, 3600 block of I-35, Ottawa, Denardo Grey, 25, Kansas City, Missouri, on suspicion of possession of marijuana, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 4:16 a.m. Sunday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Ashley Wells, 26, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear.
Police Department Arrests
• 2:18 p.m. Sunday, 1500 block of South Main Street, William Bracey, 37, Ottawa, on a Miami County warrant.
• 3:58 a.m. Sunday, Days Inn, 2209 S. Princeton St., Ashley Wells, 26, Ottawa, on warrants from the City of Ottawa, Franklin County, and Osage County.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 11:30 a.m. Friday, 1700 block of Sand Creek Road, a 22-year-old Pomona woman reported a known woman damaged her vehicle by throwing items at it on the evening of May 10th. Estimated damage was $50.
• 11:29 p.m. Saturday, 100 block of South 12th Street, Centropolis, Corey Eubanks 32, Centropolis, fled on an ATV from deputies during an attempted arrest warrant service. Eubanks was not located. A case report for felony flee and elude and reckless driving will be forwarded to the county attorney’s office.
• 2:14 p.m. Sunday, 100 block of South 12th Street, Corey Eubanks, 32, Centropolis, fled from this address on an ATV during an attempted warrant service. Eubanks was not located, but his four-wheeler was discovered in the woods and seized. A case report will be forwarded to the county attorney’s office.
• 4:43 p.m. Sunday, 2100 block of Woodson Road, a 32-year-old Baldwin City woman reported being bitten by a dog owned by a 51-year-old Baldwin City woman. A report was taken.
• 8:35 a.m. Friday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Franklin County jail staff reported an unknown suspect used account information from a check issued by the jail. Estimated loss was $1,500. The case is under investigation.
• 6:50 p.m. Sunday, 2000 block of Stafford Road, a 65-year-old Centropolis man reported someone stole his 1992 Ford F-250 pickup.
• 1:17 a.m. Saturday, 3300 block of Colorado Road, Pomona, a 2002 Buick LaSabre driven by Anita Rogers, 56, Wellsville, was southbound on Colorado Road when it struck a deer that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported.
• 9:18 a.m. Saturday, 2400 block of K-68, Ottawa, a 2008 Kia Sedona driven by Virginia Smith, 71, Pittsburg, was southbound in the 3000 block of Eisenhower Road when she failed to yield the right of way to cross traffic, causing a 2012 Buick Enclave driven by Angela Cain-Arnette, 48, Ottawa, to strike the side of Smith’s vehicle in the 2400 block of K-68. Several occupants reported minor injuries but refused medical attention.
• 6:33 a.m. Sunday, 4500 block of I-35, a 2011 Toyota Highlander driven by Mandy Howard, 39, Ottawa, was northbound on I-35 when it struck a deer that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported.
• 11:22 p.m. Sunday, 1600 block of Labette Road, a 2003 Chevrolet truck driven by Dakota Starbuck, 22, Ottawa, was eastbound on Labette Road when it struck a cow in the roadway. No injuries were reported. The cow’s owner was not located Sunday evening.
Police Department News
• 2:13 p.m. Friday, 1000 block of South Main Street, a 32-year-old Ottawa woman reported a 17-year-old person as a runaway. The teenager was later located.
• 9:19 a.m. Saturday, 900 block of North Hemlock Street, a 78-year-old Ottawa woman reported a financial crime. The case is under investigation.
• 1:18 a.m. Sunday, 100 block of East Massasoit Street, Eric Gordon, 47, Ottawa, was cited and released for transporting an open container, after being a passenger on a traffic stop.
• 9:05 a.m. Friday, 700 block of West Seventh Street, a 2001 Kia passenger vehicle driven by Megan Spencer, 29, Ottawa, struck a 2017 Dodge truck driven by Eldon Sheler, 70, Ottawa. Spencer was cited for following too closely.
• 9:36 a.m. Sunday, 1200 block of South Ash Street, Raymond Martin, 75, Garnett, was cited for leaving the scene of an unattended vehicle accident.
• 11:12 p.m. Sunday, 2666 I-35, a 2014 Volkswagen passenger vehicle driven by Jerrica Werner, 26, Overland Park, struck a deer on I-35. No injuries were reported.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 200 block of Pendleton Avenue, traffic complaint; 100 block of Walnut Street, suspicious activity; 400 block of Locust Street, assist other agency.
• Saturday: 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; I-35 at milepost 198, assist other agency.
• Sunday: 200 block of West Seventh Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 9:05 a.m. Friday, West Seventh Street, motor vehicle accident with no injuries.
• 10:13 a.m. Friday, Rockwood Drive, unintentional alarm system activation.
• 2:16 p.m. Friday, 1500 block of South Twyman Street, unintentional alarm system activation.
• 6:12 p.m. Friday, 700 block of South Tremont Avenue, unauthorized burning.
• 9:18 a.m. Saturday, K-68, motor vehicle accident with no injuries.
• Firefighters assisted with nine medical calls Friday through Sunday.