Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 11:23 a.m. Friday, 1418 S. Main St., Natasha McKay, 38, Ottawa, on a Marion County, Kansas, warrant for probation violation.
• 2:52 p.m. Friday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Anthony Perry, 26, Edgerton, on suspicion of battery, after a physical altercation while being housed in the Franklin County Adult Detention Center.
• 9 p.m. Friday, 2000 block of I-35, Hannah Campbell, 22, Baldwin City, on suspicion of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. She had been called in as a reckless driver and was later located stuck in the ditch near mile marker 176 of I-35, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department Arrests
• 11:35 a.m. Friday, 900 block of North Sycamore Street, Rhonda Gunn, 44, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 1 p.m. Friday, 600 block of South Cedar Street, Sean Azure, 28, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence, transporting open container and driving while suspended, after committing a traffic infraction.
• 8:19 p.m. Friday, 500 block of South Cherry Street, Sadi Engebretson, 28, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 3:48 p.m. Saturday, 300 block of South Sycamore Street, Donald Brett Jones, 38, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 1:38 a.m. Sunday, 200 block of Walnut Street, Jovi Carpenter, 22, Pomona, on suspicion of driving under the influence, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 8:48 a.m. Sunday, 1700 block of South Main Street, Alexandra Savich, 64, Waverly, on suspicion of no driver’s license and no insurance, after committing a traffic infraction.
• 3:05 p.m. Sunday, 100 block of West Ninth Street, James Mauszycki, 58, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence, transporting open container and possession of paraphernalia, after committing a traffic infraction.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 12:18 p.m. Saturday, 1500 block of Labette Road, Ottawa, a 56-year-old Ottawa man reported a suspicious vehicle on his father’s land. The vehicle was located and found to have been stolen in Coffey County. The owners of the vehicle arrived on the scene and took possession of the vehicle.
• 10:16 a.m. Saturday, 4700 block of Delaware Road, a 55-year-old Pomona woman reported someone used her personal information to get a Forever 21 credit card and make purchases. Total loss was $156.
Police Department News
• 6:02 p.m. Friday, 800 block of South Cherry Street, a 32-year-old Ottawa man reported a 14-year-old girl as a runaway. Later, the girl was located.
• 12:18 p.m. Friday, 400 block of South Main Street, a 2007 Ford passenger car driven by Jacob Showalter, 20, Ottawa, was struck by a 2004 Ford pickup driven by Robert Harris, 66, Rantoul. No injuries were reported. Showalter was cited for vehicle turning left. Harris was cited for no proof of insurance.
• 1:32 p.m. Saturday, 500 block of West Fourth Street, a 2011 KIA sport utility vehicle driven by Gary Bateman, 62, Ottawa, struck a 2003 Ford pickup driven by Kathryn Ashburn, 61, Ottawa. No one was transported to the hospital. Bateman was cited for failing to yield right of way.
• 2:14 p.m. Saturday, 700 block of South Main Street, a 1999 Dodge pickup driven by Justin Hennessey, 37, Ottawa, struck a 2007 Chevrolet van driven by Sarah Boley, 30, Ottawa. No one was transported to the hospital. Hennessey was cited for following too closely.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 1:32 p.m. Saturday, West Fourth Street, motor vehicle accident with no injuries.
• 2:14 p.m. Saturday, 700 block of South Main Street, motor vehicle accident with no injuries.
• 10:39 p.m. Saturday, 400 block of East Second Street, passenger vehicle fire.
• 11:34 p.m. Saturday, 200 block of South Walnut Street, unauthorized burning.
Firefighters assisted with eight medical calls Friday through Sunday.