LiveWell Finney County will host a series of Chronic Disease Self Management Workshops at the K-State Research and Extension Center, 4500 E. Mary St., in January and February.
If you are living with a chronic disease, or are a caregiver of someone who does, this workshop is for you. CDSME workshops are interactive learning opportunities that teach techniques to manage common symptoms.
Workshops are led by trained leaders who are also living with an ongoing health condition.
Workshops include information on:
• Decision making and problem solving skills
• Fatigue management
• Dealing with anger, depression and difficult emotions
• Communicating effectively with family, friends and health professionals
• Using prescribed medication appropriately
• Making informed treatment decisions
• Healthy eating
Workshops will be from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on the following dates: Jan. 15, 22, 29 and Feb. 5, 12, 19, 27.