The Garden City Commission took the following action on Tuesday:
• Commissioners approved renewal of the city's property and liability insurance for 2018. The city has insurance coverage through Traveler's Insurance with agent brokers Rutter Cline Associates, Inc. that expired December 31, 2017. The 2018 premium, including all applicable commissions for the recommended program, is $368,912, a 7.6 percent increase from 2017.
• Commissioners re-appointed Tammy Murillo as the Garden City general representative to serve on the Community Corrections Advisory Board for a two-year term from Febraury 2018 to January 2020.
• The mayor proclaimed the week of Jan. 21 to 27, 2018, as Health Awareness Week in Garden City per the request of Garden City Public Schools and St. Catherine Hospital.
• Commissioners approved Pawnbroker, Precious Metal Dealers, and Taxicab license renewals for Joyeria America and Quality Cab.
• The following contractor licenses were approved: APAC-Kansas, Inc. Shears Division; Hellas Construction, Inc.; Adeos Construction; Benitez Construction; Brungardt Plumbing; Farr Construction; Garden City Habitat for Humanity; J&J Construction; McMillan Plumbing, Electric & Mechanical; Mid Plains Construction; Morales Construction; Roger Schmidt; Ron Warren Construction, Inc.; Tim Routon Construction LLC; Western Kansas Baptist Association; Whites Roofing LLC; 3G Electric, Inc.; Caro’s Electric LLC; Davis Electric, Inc.; Freedom Electric, Inc.; Knipp Equipment, Inc.; Kugler Electric LLC; Loder Electric Service; Pruitt Electric LLC; Stegman Brothers Electric, Inc.; Wichita Electric Co., Inc.; A&J Sheet Metal Heat and Air LLC; Alta Refrigeration, Inc.; Angel AC & Refrigeration; Glassman Corp.; Knipp Equipment, Inc.; Hector Gutierrez; Mesa Plumbing; Wray Roofing, Inc.; George Lay Signs, Inc.; McDaniel Co. Inc.; Fire Protection Services, Inc.; CMDM Holdings LLC; Mills Engineering LLC; and Niemans Siding & Home Improvement.