The following banks will be closed Tuesday in observance of New Year's Day:
* American State Bank and Trust Co., 1901 E. Mary St.
* Bank of the West, 1301 E. Kansas Ave.
* First National Bank, 908 N. Main St.; 2414 E. Kansas Ave. All branches will be closed.
* People's State Bank, 122 W. Laurel St.
* First National Bank of Holcomb, 401 N. Henderson St.
* Garden City State Bank, 1910 E. Mary St.
* Commerce Bank, 215 N. Main St.; 1504 Taylor Plaza East; 1601 E. Kansas Plaza; 512 N. Seventh St. All branches will be closed.
* Landmark National Bank, 1007 N. Main St.
The following government offices and other public institutions also will be closed on observance of New Year's:
* Lee Richardson Zoo will be closed. The Finnup Center for Conservation Education, 312 Finnup Drive, zoo administrative offices, and Friends of Lee Richardson Zoo, 405 S. Fourth St., will be closed Tuesday.
* The Finney County Transit Center, 1008 N. 11th St., will be closed Monday and Tuesday. Both City Link routes and the Mini-Bus will not operate Monday or Tuesday. The bus routes will resume normal hours on Wednesday.
* The Garden City Community College campus, 801 Campus Drive, will be closed untl classes resume Jan. 7.
* The U.S. Post Office, 410 N. Sixth St., will be closed Tuesday and will not be delivering mail in observance of the holiday.
* The Garden City Administrative Center, 301 N. Eighth St., will be closed Tuesday.
* The Finney County Administrative Center, 311 N. Ninth St., will be closed Tuesday.
* The Finney County Public Library, 605 E. Walnut St., will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
* The Garden City Telegram, 310 N. Seventh St., will not publish on Tuesday due to no USPS mail delivery operation, and the office will be closed for busines on Tuesday.