Garden City Recreation Commission Activity Center (310 N. Sixth St.)
Brad Nading/Telegram Sandy Russell, center right, leads a cardio class in January 2012 at the Garden City Family YMCA.
Brad Nading/Telegram Sergio Sanchez uses a weighted bar to do curls in January 2012 while working out at the Garden City Family YMCA.
Brad Nading/Telegram Zach Barrie, 11, runs over hurdles during one of the one-minute workout stations in February at Garden City Recreation Commission during a youth fit camp.
* The activity center has two studios, used for classes in dance and activities such as art.
* Two classrooms used for meetings, club activities (chess, etc.), fitness.
* Wellness Center
Garden City Family YMCA, 1224 Center St.
* Two fitness centers
* Six-lane indoor swimming pool
* Racquetball courts
* Numerous classrooms and activity rooms for use by membership.
Charles Peebles Complex
* Four baseball/softball fields
* New perimeter walking trail
Skate Park (110 Isabel Ave.)
* Skateboard and bike ramps
* Outdoor hockey rink/Futsol field
Fansler Field (702 Riverside Drive)
* One baseball/softball field
Deane Wiley Park (2406 N. Campus Drive)
* Three softball fields
* One soccer field
* Walking trail
* Basketball court
Cleaver Field (704 Downey Drive)
* One softball field
* Batting cages
Clint Lightner Stadium (706 E. Maple St.)
* One baseball field (Garden City High School's home field)
* Batting cages
* Practice area (southwest of field)
Martin Esquivel Soccer Park (Fleming and Mary streets)
* Two soccer fields
Garcia Soccer Park (3502 E. Spruce St.)
* Five soccer fields
Grimsley/Harmon Tennis Complex (112 W. Hazel St.)
* Eight tennis courts (Garden City High School's home courts)
Finnup Park basketball courts (502 E. Maple St.)
* Two full-size, outdoor courts
* Two half-courts, adjustable goals
Katherine C. Jones tennis courts (Garden City Community College campus)
* Four courts
Lions Park basketball courts (Mary and Third streets)
* Two outdoor basketball courts
Tangeman Sports Complex (2301 E. Spruce St.)
* Garden City Community College and Garden City High School softball fields (John Ford Field)
* Four softball fields
* One baseball field (Garden City Recreation Commission)
* Memorial Stadium (1412 N. Main St.)
* Home of the Garden City High School and Garden City Community College football and soccer teams.
Holcomb Recreation Commission
* Fitness center with weights and Cardio machines.
* Offers wellness and fitness classes.
* Three baseball fields.
Sonnie Baird Park (205 Redford Drive)
* Two baseball/softball fields
* Two basketball courts
Holcomb High School (600 N. Jones Ave.)
* Full-length track the public may use to run and walk on.
* Gymnasium used for Holcomb High school athletics and recreation commission activities.
* Baseball field/Softball field
* Two tennis courts
Found 0 comment(s)!