Amtrak Garden City train depot
100 N. Seventh St.
* The station, also used by BNSF Railway, has a waiting room and is staffed by an Amtrak employee. The station is served by the Southwest Chief.
* For station information only, call 275-9533; for reservations and schedule information, call (800) 872-7245; or for Amtrak Express Shipping, call 275-9533.
* Station hours: According to Amtrak, station, service and ticketing hours are 10 to 11:59 p.m. Monday; 6 to 9 a.m. and 10 to 11:59 p.m. Tuesday through Friday; 6 to 9 a.m. Saturday; and closed Sunday.
* Also visit www.greatamericanstations.com/Stations/GCK for more information.
Finney County Transit
* Finney County Transit, 1008 N. 11th St., includes the City Link and Mini Bus transportation services. The hours of both are 6 a.m. to the last round beginning at 6 p.m., so the buses are back at the transit center by 7 p.m.
* Fares for City Link include $1 for general public (younger than 60) and 50 cents for seniors (60 and older) and disabled (with ADA certification). A monthly pass (unlimited rides on all four City Link fixed routes) is $30.
* Also for City Link, children younger than 10 must be accompanied by someone 16 or older. Children 11 to 16 need a photo or student ID to ride alone. Children 5 and younger ride free. To receive a senior or disabled half-fare discount, a completed half-fare discount application must be completed.
* To ride Mini Bus, schedule the ride one day in advance.
* Mini Bus fare is $1 per one-way trip for disabled with ADA certification. Paratransit monthly pass (unlimited rides on all Mini Buses within city limits) is $40.
* Mini Bus county fares: within five miles driving distance of city limits, $2; within 10 miles, $3; 15 miles, $4; 20 miles, $5; 25 miles, $6. Add $1 for each additional five miles driving distance outside of city limits.
* For more information, contact 272-3626, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.seniorcenterfc.com/transportation.
* The 24-hour taxi service is located at 1509 W. Mary St. and can be reached at 275-8294 or 276-3434.
Garden City Regional Airport
* Located along U.S. Highway 50/400, about 10 miles southeast of Garden City.
* Owned and operated by the city of Garden City.
* American Eagle Airlines is the airport's primary airline service, with twice-daily flights to Dallas. American Airlines can be reached at (800) 433-7300 or by visiting www.aa.com.
* Hours of the airport lobby vary — the lobby is open approximately 1 1/2 hours before a departing flight and 30 minutes before the late evening arrival.
* Airport staff include Aviation Director Rachelle Powell. She can be reached at email@example.com. Administrative staff can be reached at 276-1190, ext. 3. For more information, including a flight schedule and sample airfares, visit www.fly2gck.com.
* Working with Greyhound Lines, Beeline Express offers daily bus service between Wichita and Pueblo, Colo., (Red Line) and between Wichita and Salina (Blue Line). The service is offered through Prestige Bus Line.
* Red Line stop locations: Finney County Transit Center, 1008 N. 11th St., Garden City, (620) 272-3626; Syracuse: Ark Valley Oil, 204 West U.S. Highway 50, Syracuse, (620) 384-5033.
* In Garden City, the bus is scheduled to make a daily eastbound stop at 8:45 a.m. and a daily westbound stop at 11:05 a.m. The cost of a one-way ticket between the two locations is $45 and $86 round-trip.
* In Syracuse, the bus is scheduled to make a daily eastbound stop at 6:35 a.m. MST and a daily westbound stop at 11:10 a.m. MST. The cost of a one-way ticket between the two locations is $55 and $105 round-trip.
The regular fare is $90 one way or $171 round-trip between Wichita and Pueblo.
* Freight service is also available at various stops. For more information about the service, routes and travel times, visit www.Beeline-Express.com.
Found 0 comment(s)!