Finney County Fairgrounds
Director: Angie Clark, email@example.com
Address: 209 Lake Ave., Garden City, KS 67846
Phone: (620) 272-3844
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday through Friday
On the Web: www.finneycounty.org
In addition to the annual Finney County Fair, the fairgrounds play host to a variety of events throughout the year, both in its indoor and outdoor facilities:
* Finney County Exhibition Building — Has a capacity for 2,880 people. The building hosts a variety of events including the Finney County Fair, trade shows, home shows, car shows, circuses, carnivals, dog shows, customer appreciation dinners and banquets, association annual meetings and fundraising events.
* West Pavilion — seats 780; plays host to dog agility trials, livestock shows, private dances, wedding receptions, rabbit shows, birthday parties, and quinceaÃ±eras.
* Horse Palace — Indoor riding arena that can seat 250.
* 4-H Building — Accommodates 300 people, in addition to the small building, which can hold 102. The building hosts 4-H meetings and events, and collectors and estate auctions are held in this facility.
* Grandstand Meeting Room — Has a capacity for 165 and plays host to family reunions, birthdays, wedding and anniversary receptions. Numerous training seminars and conventions are held in the fairgrounds meeting rooms.
* Grandstand Stadium — The full service covered stadium seats 4,200 people and includes concession amenities and a plaza area adjoining the stadium. The stadium plays host to a variety of riding events, rodeos and music concerts.
* Horse stalls — The fairgrounds also feature 210 horse stalls for overnight stalling, as well as numerous RV hook-ups and convenient parking for all sizes of rigs, $10 a day or night, with a RV dump.
* The fairgrounds also include campground accommodations designed for rallies, conventions, music events, lawn and garden expos, caravans or family reunions.
Finney County Public Library
Address: 605 E. Walnut St.
Phone: (620) 272-3680
Hours: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 1 to 6 p.m. Sunday.
On the Web: fcpl.homestead.com
The Finney County Public Library has more than 145,000 items, including books, DVDs, videos, audio books and music, in addition to subscriptions to more than 300 magazines and newspapers.
The library houses special collections, including Kansas Collection, Powell Collection, Vietnamese and Spanish Collections and the Finney County Genealogical Society Library.
The library also has a large Vietnamese video collection with more than 1,000 videos available.
The library features public Internet access computers with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, iTunes and other software, as well as free wireless Internet access.
The Finney County Public Library plays hosts to various community events and club meetings, such as the Second Friday Films series, featuring public screenings of movies on the second Friday of each month. The library also hosts Wee Readers throughout the week, a young children's reading workshop.
Senior Center of Finney County
Director: Barbara Jensen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 907 N. 10th St., Garden City, Kansas 67846
Phone: (620) 272-3620
On the Web: www.seniorcenterfc.com
The senior center provides services, information, education and recreation for senior citizens in the community, as well as their families and caregivers. In addition to serving up daily meals and activities, the center's educational and enrichment programs include classes on computer literacy, writing, art, weight loss, exercise and dancing. Activities also include group dances, musical programs, meals and games for people older than 55. The senior center also features a craft shop, which is open to the public from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Found 0 comment(s)!