Discover SW Kansas Class of 2013 Beef Empire Days   BED – Event Coverage 2013 Bridal Show Honor Flight Progress Report 2012 SW Kansas Pro-Am Youth In Excellence View Special Section PDFs
All Classifieds Jobs Real Estate Garage Sales
Southwest Life and Events United Way Fundraising Weather
Local and National Top 10 of 2011 Preps Live E-Edition
Local and National Top 10 of 2011 Business News E-Edition
Recent Videos Recent Photos Recent Podcasts Podcasts-Talk of the Town

  Add Your Comment | Read (0) Comments

Business Briefs

Published 11/24/2012 in Business : Business

Chamber holding ribbon cuttings

The Garden City Area Chamber of Commerce has several upcoming ribbon cuttings planned.

The following is a list of upcoming ribbon cuttings:

* Frank's Computer Shop, 1516 Harding Ave., 3 p.m. Monday;

* The VOGUE, 1115 Kansas Plaza, 1 p.m. Friday;

* St. Catherine Hopsital Outpatient Therapy, 401 E. Spruce St., 10 a.m. Dec. 4;

* Splatter Works, LLC, 214 N. Main St., 3 p.m. Jan. 9, 2013;

* CASA, Spirit of the Plains, 310 E. Walnut St., Ste 208, 10 a.m. Jan. 10, 2013;

* MJ's Barbershop, 302 N. Main St., 3 p.m., Feb. 7, 2013.

Foreign landowners must report holding

Investors who buy, sell or hold a direct or indirect interest in agricultural lands in the United States are required under the Agricultural Foreign Investment Disclosure Act to report their holdings and transactions to the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, according to Dale Schadel, county executive director of the Finney County Farm Service Agency.

The Secretary of Agriculture has delegated the responsibility for collecting this information to the FSA. Foreign investors buying or selling land must report such transactions within 90 days of the date of the sale. Failure to file an accurate or timely report can result in a penalty, with fines up to 25 percent of the fair market value of the agricultural land.

The act requires reports to be filed by:

* individuals who are not U.S. citizens or citizens of the Northern Mariana Islands or the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands;

* individuals who are not lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence or who are not paroled into the United States under the Immigration and Nationality Act;

* any organization created under the laws of a foreign government or which has located its principal place of business outside the United States;

* any U.S. organization in which a significant interest or substantial control is directly or indirectly held by foreign individuals, organizations, or governments; and

* any foreign governments.

FSA form FSA-153 is used to report land holdings and transactions. The completed form must be returned to the FSA county office where the land is located. Producers may contact the Finney County FSA office at 275-0211 or e-mail

Add your Comment About This Story

Commenting Rules

The Garden City Telegram reserves the right to delete any comment it deems inappropriate. We encourage visitor comments and ask that you be brief and add something relevant to the conversation. All comments are reviewed (usually within 24 hours or less) before appearing on this website.

Read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for full details of our policies.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.


captcha 24f62064f41745daba99efbc25496e30

Found 0 comment(s)!