Published 11/24/2012 in Business : Business
Chamber holding ribbon cuttings
The Garden City Area Chamber of Commerce has several upcoming ribbon cuttings planned.
The following is a list of upcoming ribbon cuttings:
* Frank's Computer Shop, 1516 Harding Ave., 3 p.m. Monday;
* The VOGUE, 1115 Kansas Plaza, 1 p.m. Friday;
* St. Catherine Hopsital Outpatient Therapy, 401 E. Spruce St., 10 a.m. Dec. 4;
* Splatter Works, LLC, 214 N. Main St., 3 p.m. Jan. 9, 2013;
* CASA, Spirit of the Plains, 310 E. Walnut St., Ste 208, 10 a.m. Jan. 10, 2013;
* MJ's Barbershop, 302 N. Main St., 3 p.m., Feb. 7, 2013.
Foreign landowners must report holding
Investors who buy, sell or hold a direct or indirect interest in agricultural lands in the United States are required under the Agricultural Foreign Investment Disclosure Act to report their holdings and transactions to the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, according to Dale Schadel, county executive director of the Finney County Farm Service Agency.
The Secretary of Agriculture has delegated the responsibility for collecting this information to the FSA. Foreign investors buying or selling land must report such transactions within 90 days of the date of the sale. Failure to file an accurate or timely report can result in a penalty, with fines up to 25 percent of the fair market value of the agricultural land.
The act requires reports to be filed by:
* individuals who are not U.S. citizens or citizens of the Northern Mariana Islands or the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands;
* individuals who are not lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence or who are not paroled into the United States under the Immigration and Nationality Act;
* any organization created under the laws of a foreign government or which has located its principal place of business outside the United States;
* any U.S. organization in which a significant interest or substantial control is directly or indirectly held by foreign individuals, organizations, or governments; and
* any foreign governments.
FSA form FSA-153 is used to report land holdings and transactions. The completed form must be returned to the FSA county office where the land is located. Producers may contact the Finney County FSA office at 275-0211 or e-mail email@example.com
Found 0 comment(s)!