Published 5/29/2012 in Beef Empire Days
2012 Beef Empire Days Sporting Events
Saturday, June 2
* Horseshoe tournament: qualifying starts at 9 a.m. and tournament begins at 10 a.m., at the horseshoe pits south of the Big Pool in Finnup Park. Men and women of all ages are welcome. There is a $10 entry fee, with all money returned in prizes.
* Hoof it to Health Road Run: 7:30 a.m. at the Garden City Family YMCA. Events include 5K and 10K races, as well as a two-mile walk. Every participant receives a T-shirt and refreshments with their paid registration. The cost is $15 for YMCA Members and $30 for Program Participants with a deadline of May 29 for registration. People registering after the deadline will have a $5 fee attached to their registration. For entry forms and additional information, contact the YMCA at 275-1199 or the Beef Empire Days office at 275-6807.
* Coors Light/Garden City Recreation Softball Tournament: Games begin at noon at Deane Wiley Park and Charles Peebles Complex. Tournament is a USSSA-sanctioned event. Each team is guaranteed three games. Entry information is available by contacting the Garden City Recreation Commission at 276-1200.
Sunday, June 3
* Feedlot and Sponsors' Team Roping, Barrel Racing and Riding events: 10 a.m. at the Finney County Fairgrounds Arena; cowboys and cowgirls compete in team roping and barrel racing events that are open to any Beef Empire Days sponsor and/or their employees.
* Coors Light/Garden City Recreation Softball Tournament: Day two of the tournament at Deane Wiley Park and Charles Peebles Complex.
Sunday, June 10
* Buffalo Dunes Beef Empire Days four-person golf scramble: Tee times available beginning at 8 a.m. and continuing through 2 p.m. at Buffalo Dunes Golf Course. Tee time reservations can be made by calling the golf shop at 276-1210.
* The High Plains Archery Club 3D Tournament: 10 a.m. at the High Plains Archery Range located on East Mansfield Road. Prizes, a raffle and dinner are included with registration. For additional information, call Rick Carroll at 275-7329.
Found 0 comment(s)!